Mecanex is a European Project that has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 645206. The objective of MECANEX project is to devise innovative tools for automatic annotation and editorial support of multimedia content, extraction of personalized information and adaption of enriched multimedia content in multi-screen environments which will enable the automatic porting to different target platforms, such as regular web pages, mobile pages and mobile apps, as well as TV applications. The major novelty of MECANEX is the creation of a SaaS (REST based) toolkit that provides the aforementioned functionalities by bringing together complementary expertise and technology of different European companies and research institutes, in order to provide a cost effective multi-screen video metadata enrichment solution for SMEs.
- Enables the automatic annotation and editorial process during the creation, production and postproduction of multimedia content
- Provides Search and Retrieval Mechanisms for existing enriched multimedia content that could be used as building blocks of a fast innovative creative process
- Pairs created metadata with multimedia content enabling interactivity through clickable video and access to relevant educational and recreational content
- Delivers a multi-screen toolkit enabling automatic porting to different target platforms such as regular web pages, mobile pages, mobile apps and TV applications
- Exploit Relevance feedback, personalization and social recommendation mechanisms allowing advertising & marketing brokers to automatically ingest relevant ads and marketing data via coupling user preferences with the details of the playing multimedia content