OraMod is a European Project co-funded under the European Community’s 7th Framework Programme devoted to support the clinical specialists in the management of patients diagnosed with Oral Cavity Cancer, to improve survival and reduce impacts on patients’ life. Oramod’s innovative methods, tools, models and predictive markers will help clinicians manage and analyze the big amount of information related to disease manifestation in each patient and will support their treatment decisions. Furthermore the project will facilitate a multi-disciplinary approach to diagnosis, risk assessment, and treatment decisions and will implement the integration of research-derived evidences into clinical practice.
- Implementation of an interoperable and collaborative ICT environment integrating huge health datasets, medical knowledge and multi-disciplinary collaborative best clinical practices
- Assessment of innovative technologies into the Clinical settings and the IT hospital infrastructure
- Reinforcement of collaborative multidisciplinary diagnostic and therapeutic approaches
- Creation of a shared workbench for tools, models services and anonymized clinical data to be used by the scientific community
- Production of viable business plans to exploit OraMod and to export the OraMod approach and technologies in more clinical areas